There are many ways to record audio using your PC, Mac or mobile device. Below are instructions on how you can record and share audio using a free and easy online tool called Vocaroo. If you choose to use a method that you are already familiar with please make sure you are saving and sharing a universally accessible audio file type, either a mp3 or wav file, so that your instructor or classmates can listen no matter what system or device they are using.
Vocaroo allows users to record audio, listen, rerecord (if necessary), and then save and share the audio with anyone. Students can use this tool to create recordings for Assignments, Test, or Discussion Board post.
- You will need a computer microphone.
- Vocaroo does not allow for the creation of login accounts. Meaning you will need to save all audio files to your local machine for future use.
Create a Vocaroo Audio Recording
1. Go to Vocaroo’s website: https://vocaroo.com
2. To record your voice, click the record button. You can adjust the mic volume using the control next to the microphone icon. When you click the record button the first time, the program will ask for your permission to use your microphone. You must give the program access to your microphone in order for the program to work.
Once you hit record, the program will begin recording your voice right away.
3. When you are finished recording, click the stop button.
Once you’ve stopped recording it will give you the option to listen to what you recorded or record over what you’ve just recorded.
4. If you want to rerecord your audio, click retry and it will start the recording process again. If you are happy with what you have recorded, click on the Click here to save link to save your recording.
Saving and Sharing options for your Audio Recording
1. When you click on the link to save your recording you will be provided with several options:
2. Choose your preference. We recommend you download the mp3 file to your computer so you can then go and attach that file in your course. You can also share the recording by providing the link the program provides to you, by copying the embed text to insert into a website, by emailing it to yourself, or by sharing it through numerous social media options.
3. If you decided to download the mp3 instead of sharing the link then go ahead and click the delete this message link, your recording will be deleted and no longer available online, this is ok since you have already saved the mp3 file version to your computer and verified it is there.
If you decided to share the link or embed the audio then you will not want to delete this but before you leave the page make sure you have saved a copy of the link address for your records.
Submit or Share
4. Once you have either saved the mp3 or weblink you can share with your instructor or classmates by either attaching as a file or pasting in the link provided to an Assignment, Discussion board post, email or test.
View a Video: How to Use Vocaroo to Make Voice Recordings
View a Video: How to Use Vocaroo to record and post link to the Discussion Board