You can enable or disable Discussion post editing and deleting privileges for students in your course discussions.
1. To access the settings, click Discussions in the left-side navigation links.
2. Then, look for and click the settings gear icon on the right side of the page.
3. Check or uncheck the box "Edit and delete their own replies" according to your course design needs. Be sure to click Save Settings when you are finished.
Note: You may also permit students to create discussion topics. You can enable or disable file attachments in discussions, too. The settings here apply to all discussions.
4. When editing is enabled in a discussion, a student can click the three dots for options on their discussion post and choose to Edit or Delete as needed.
5. When editing is disabled in a discussion, a student can click the three dots for options on their discussion post, but they will not be able to edit or delete their posts.