For complete audio guidance please view Instructor's Guide to Recording Equipment and Setup (must be logged into Canvas to view).
It is not uncommon to have issues with audio quality. Below is a list of the most common fixes we and a video that explains how to adjust via your computers control panel:
- Check to make sure your computer is using your external mic of choice and not a the default mic
- Check the placement of your microphone. Can it be positioned closer to your mouth? Is it next to a fan or machine that may be producing noise?
- Adjust Microphone volume and quality levels
- Deselect the setting “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”
- Go to Control Panel > Sound > click on the Recording tab > select the microphone you will be using and click Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab and uncheck ‘allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ > click OK.
Please consult Online Learning for guidance and workarounds.