These instructions should be used if you already have an mp4 or mov file created. You will find this article helpful if you have recorded your presentation using PowerPoint (Save a presentation as a movie file or MP4), Zoom or another third party tool and are ready to upload that video file to your course. If you have already uploaded your video to your Kaltura My Media, skip to step 2.
If you need to help creating a video please see: Recording Lecture Content with Kaltura
- All users can access their My Media (Kaltura) area through the Canvas Global menu bar. Click on the My Media (Kaltura) button on the left menu (the firework icon).
2. Once in the My Media area look for the Add New button then click on Upload Media.
3. Select the mp4 you want to upload.
4. Update the name of the video, change the status to Published and click Save. Note: uploading can take a while so please be patient during this process.
- Navigate to the course that you want to post the video to.
- If you have already created a page or item for this content Edit that page/item. If you do not have a page/item set up yet, create a new page/item first.
- From the Edit page screen, click the Kaltura icon on the right of the editor box to launch the Kaltura tool.
- Note: if you do not see the Kaltura icon, click on the expand menu icon (3 dots) and then click on the Kaltura icon
- This will launch your Media Gallery which contains any content you have uploaded to your My Media. Click the Embed button next to the video you want to embed.