If you want to respond to a discussion in Canvas, you have two options:
**Note: Although it is possible to compose your discussion response directly in Canvas, we highly recommended that you compose offline in a document editor, save locally and paste your response into the text editor. This step will prevent you from losing your work if there is an interruption in your connection to Canvas. You will also then have copy of your post saved to your machine in case you need to reference later.
- To respond to a prompt, first click on the title of the discussion to open it.
- Once you’ve opened the discussion post, you should see the prompt instructions. Click the “Reply” button below the prompt.
- This button will open the Rich Text Editor, where you can (1) enter, edit, and format your response, (2) attach a file. When you finish your response, click the blue “Post Reply” button in the bottom right corner of the text editor (3).
- Please note the text editor toolbar, there are many other options you have, you can embed a YouTube video or attach an image by using these tools. To attach a photo, click the insert image icon, which looks like a mountain and sun picture.
- You can reply to someone’s comment on a discussion post by clicking the “Reply” button below the comment.
- This will open the Rich Text Editor that you can use to make your reply (See Step 1.3).
For more information about using the discussion board, please see: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10561-4212190706