You can attach a file or a zip folder to an assignment or anywhere in Canvas where the text box editor appears. For students this would mainly be when replying to a Discussion and sending a message.
To attach a file or zip folder to an assignment:
1. Click on the name of the Assignment and Click Subnit Assignment
2. From there click the Choose file button and locate the file or zip folder you are trying to attach
3. Click Submit Assignment
To attach a file to a Discussion or Message:
1. Click the attach file icon which looks like a paper clip on the bottom left of text box editor.
2. Click Choose file the locate the file you want to attach click on it.
3. Finish composing your message and submit.