- First click on the title of the discussion to open it.
- Once you’ve opened the discussion post, you should see the prompt instructions. Click the Reply button below the prompt.
3. This button will open the Rich Text Editor, to record and add your video click the Firework Icon to launch Kaltura.
4. This will open the Embed Kaltura Media window, click Add New then select Kaltura Capture
5. If you do not already have the application installed it will automatically launch, if you do not have it installed follow the directions on the screen to download and install the software on your Mac or PC, leaving the suggested settings during install.
Once Kaltura launches:
- If you only want to record your webcam and do not want to record your computer screen click on the monitor icon to disable screen recording.
- Click the the down arrow next to Camera to see your camera preview and make sure you have the correct camera selected
- Click the the down arrow next to Audio to and make sure you have the correct microphone selected
- To begin your recording click the red circle
6. To stop recording click the grey square. This will launch the Kaltura Capture window and you should see the video you just recorded:
- Give it a title that applies to the recording so you can reference later if need be
- If you are happy with the recording Click Save and Upload > this may take a while to process depending on how long the video is.
- If you would like to re-record click Delete and Click New Recording
7. When you have Saved and Uploaded click the X on the Kaltura Capture window and click Back on the Embed Kaltura Media window.
8. You should see your video listed although it may still be processing (indicated by gears moving). Click Embed next to your video in order to embed it within the Discussion post.
9. Click Post Reply