You can record on the spot from anywhere in Canvas that has the content editor (quiz questions, announcements, discussions, pages). From the Rich Text Editor, to record and add your video click the Firework Icon to launch Kaltura:
This will open the Embed Kaltura Media window, click Add New then select Kaltura Capture
If you do not already have the application installed it will automatically launch, if you do not have it installed follow the directions on the screen to download and install the software on your Mac or PC, leaving the suggested settings during install.
Once Kaltura launches:
- If you only want to record your webcam and do not want to record your computer screen click on the monitor icon to disable screen recording.
- If you only want to record audio click on both the screen and camera icons to disable, leaving the microphone icon enabled
- Click the down arrow next to Camera to see your camera preview and make sure you have the correct camera selected
- Click the down arrow next to Audio to and make sure you have the correct microphone selected
- To begin your recording click the red circle
To stop recording click the grey square. This will launch the Kaltura Capture window and you should see the video you just recorded:
- Give it a title that applies to the recording so you can reference later if need be
- If you are happy with the recording Click Save and Upload > this may take a while to process depending on how long the video is.
- If you would like to re-record click Delete and Click New Recording
When you have Saved and Uploaded click the X on the Kaltura Capture window and click Back on the Embed Kaltura Media window.
You should see your video listed although it may still be processing (indicated by gears moving). Click Embed next to your the media file you want to embed.