When you record using Kaltura Capture, the tool will walk you how to upload into Canvas. A copy of that video is also saved to your local machine, where you can retrieve if the upload to Canvas has failed or if you just want to access your recordings offline.
Please see the full documentation of Kaltura Capture Folder Directory for full details.
- From the Windows search bar go to "This PC".
- In the address bar type in C:\Users\type_username_here\AppData\Local\Kaltura\Capture\.
You will need to type in the profile name of your machine where it says type_username_here. In the below screen shot the profile name is unex-onlinelearning.
- Open the Recordings folder and you should see a collection of your media files in there.
- Open Finder.
- At the top of the screen click the Go menu, then click go to folder.
- Enter ~/Library/Preferences/Kaltura/Capture/ in the form.
- Click go.
- Search with Spotlight.
- Enter /Users/type_username_here/Library/Preferences/Kaltura/Capture/
You will notice that the files are not named in a user-friendly style, but you will want to avoid editing the names from this location as it will break the synchronization with the Kaltura Capture upload tool.
If you need to rename, first make a copy of the video in another location, then work with it in that different directory.
You may want to pay attention to the date the video was modified to help you locate the video you are looking for. To view, double click on the mp4 file.