As an instructor, you now have the ability to allow students to reply to your announcements. Once you enable this for your course, students will be able to respond to your announcements, behaving similarly to discussion threads.
Once you enable this in your course, you will have to individually apply this setting to each announcement that you want students to respond to. This setting is not retroactive and you'll have to navigate to a previously created announcement or create a new announcement and enable the option.
How to Enable in your Course
- Navigate to your course, then click "Settings".
- Scroll down and click "more options".
- Click on "Disable comments on announcements" to uncheck the option.
- Click on "Update Course Details".
How to allow students to respond to individual announcements
- From Announcements, click on either a) a previously-created announcement or b)"+ Announcement" to create a new announcement.
- If you are creating a new announcement, skip to step 3. If you are editing a previously-created announcement, click to expand the options menu (icon with 3 dots), then click on "Allow Comments
- Scroll down to the Options section and click on "Allow users to comment".
- If you want to require students to post before viewing the replies, select "Users must post before seeing replies"
- Click "Save".
For more information, view How do I allow or disallow announcement replies in a course?