Skip to main content
How to Add Course Content as Module Items
- Go to Modules.
- If you don't have any modules, you'll need to create one by clicking the button in the top right corner +Module, giving it a name, and clicking Add Module.
- To add an item, click + , or drag and drop to add files to an empty module .
- After clicking +, a window will pop up and show a drop down menu where you can choose the type of item you wish to add. You can select from:
- Assignment (includes quizzes created using the New Quiz tool)
- File (document and media file types)
- If you want to add a new item, click the [New] link  and type a name in the name field . Depending on the item type, when adding new content you may be asked to complete additional fields.
- If you are adding a file to a module, you can upload a new file by clicking the New File(s) link . Uploaded files are automatically published and also display in Course Files.
- To select a file from your computer, click the Choose File(s) button .
- To select a destination folder for your uploaded file, select an option in the Folder drop-down menu .
- If an uploaded file is a duplicate of an existing file, Canvas displays a prompt asking if the file should be overwritten, renamed, or skipped.
- If you have already created the item you want to add, click the name of the item. You can select more than one item to add.
- To change the indentation of the item inside the module, choose the Indentation drop-down menu.
- When you are ready click the Add Item button.