1. To go to your notification settings click on "Account" on the top left of Canvas. Then click on Notifications to get to the settings.
2. Under "Settings for", select the course that you want to have the specific notification for or select Account which would set the notifications for activities done in all courses.
3. Go through each activities and find the one that you wish to be notified for. Once you've found an activity to get notify for, go to the "Email" column and select the icon associated to the activity. (Icon may differ based on the type of notifications that you wish to receive)
4. Select the icon and you'll be given four options of the type of notification. Select the option that you want to have.
5. Once selected, the settings will be saved and you'll be receiving emails notifying of activities done on Canvas, based on the type of notification that you chose.
For additional instructions provided by Canvas please view: